Online information resources for studying
Depending on your degree program, you may often or even primarily work with digital information resources. You can find these in or through the university library.
The library offers you access to numerous databases in all subject areas:
- A-Z list: https://ub.unibas.ch/en/search-find/databases-e-journals-e-books/online-databases/
- By subject area: https://ub.unibas.ch/en/subject-areas/
E-JOURNALS AND E-BOOKS
The library also offers you online access to academic journals and e-books.
- E-journals can be found here: https://ub.unibas.ch/en/search-find/databases-e-journals-e-books/find-e-journal/
- E-books can be found through the normal library catalogue: https://basel.swisscovery.org/discovery/search?vid=41SLSP_UBS:live
- Library catalogue and guided tours: at the start of the semester. After that: regular introductions.
- Databases: see offers on subject pages.
- Literature management programmes: see “Training for students and researchers”/Literature management programmes https://ub.unibas.ch/en/services/guided-tours-training-sessions/
ACCESS to e-media
The library’s online resources can be accessed in two ways:
- On university computers e.g. in the library’s workspaces
From outside the library on your private computer via VPN
Both ways require you to use your Unibas account.*
ACCESS TO SWISSCOVERY LIBRARY CATALOGUE:
To create a library account and order/borrow media, link your SWITCH edu-ID to swisscovery here. This only needs to be done once. After that, you can log in to your library account using your SWITCH edu-ID.
Information about e-media and swisscovery: ub.unibas.ch/de/services
Please note: to access these services, you need both a SWITCH edu-ID and a library account.