Preparing to record via ADAM
Here’s how you can prepare to record a session via ADAM.
- Log in to ADAM with your SWITCH edu-ID.
- Open the folder assigned to your lecture or seminar; you will find it in your ADAM workspace. If applicable, open the subfolder where you (and your students) will later want to access the lecture.
- Click on the button “Add New Object” at the top right.
- A drop-down panel will open up. Under the heading “Other”, click on “Panopto Video”.
- You are about to create a new Panopto Object (= that’s the folder where you will later find your video). Give your folder a title and, optionally, a description. Make sure to choose a title that is unique and readily identifiable, so that you can find it easily later on (for example “Lecture on Behavioral Psychology”). You could also use the course number, date or, for example, the topic of the lecture series. Then click on “Erstellen / Create”.
Note: Create only one Panopto Object per course. If necessary, you can create further subfolders in this Panopto Object.
6. You are now in the folder that you just created. Click on the button “Erstellen / Create”…
… and in the drop-down menu, choose the top item “Neue Sitzung aufzeichnen / Record New Session” (the label may differ) to record a video with the Panopto Client for Windows or Mac..
.. or …
…choose the second item from the top “Panopto Capture” to capture a video directly via the web browser, without installing the panopto client on your computer. In this case you can skip the next two steps and continue at point 9 of this page.
7. f you decided to record with the Panopto Client, choose “Neue Sitzung aufzeichnen / Record New Session” in the now-open window, click on “Panopto öffnen / Open Panopto”. If you haven’t yet installed Panopto, choose “Panopto herunterladen / Download Panopto”. Download the Panopto installation file and install Panopto on your computer.
8. A window will appear and ask how the link should be opened. Choose “Panopto” und then click on “Link öffnen / Open Link”.
The chapter “Recording with Panopto Client for Windows or Mac” describes how you can record a session using the Panopto Client for Windows or Mac.
9. If you have chosen to record with Panopto Capture, the Panopto Capture recorder page opens up. If prompted, allow access to your camera and microphone to the browser.
The chapter “Recording with Panopto Capture” describes how you can record a session using Panopto Capture.
University of Basel