Upload files to SWITCHdrive
It is recommended that you, as a lecturer at the University of Basel, upload large media on SWITCHdrive instead of ADAM.
The advantage of SWITCHdrive over ADAM is that you can store files up to 4 GB in size (the upload limit at ADAM is 300 MB). To create content on SWITCHdrive, proceed as follows:
- To access SWITCHdrive you need a SWITCH edu-ID. If you do not already have one, create one at https://eduid.ch/web/registration/.
- If you already have an edu-ID, you can log in to SWITCHdrive at https://drive.switch.ch/index.php/login.
- To upload a file, click the plus (+) sign at the top of the screen and select “Upload”.
- To get a link for the uploaded file, click on the “Share” icon to the right of the file.
- Then click on “Create public link”.
- Here you can add a meaningful title to the link. It is recommended to protect the link with a password and to assign it an expiration date after which the link is no longer accessible. In this case, do not forget to note the password and the expiration date for the respective link on ADAM. Then click on the “Share” button.
- If you click the “Link” button next to the file name, you will see the URL of the link you just created. Use it to link the file to ADAM.
University of Basel