Reduce size of Powerpoint-presentations / PDFs
We recommend you to reduce the size of your PowerPoint presentations and PDFs before you upload them to or download them from ADAM. To do so, we suggest to: (1) Reduce the size of the included images, and (2) select the right settings printing quality settings. Proceed as follows.
- Go to File > Compress Pictures in the menu bar
- Select Picture Quality: On-Screen (150 ppi)
- Select Delete cropped areas of pictures
Specify file settings in PowerPoint
- Go to PowerPoint > Preferences in the menu bar
- Select Preferences > General
- In Print Quality (Paper/PDF), select Desired Quality: Medium (This option is only available if you have a recent PowerPoint version, so make sure to first check your Microsoft updates: In your menu bar, select Help > Check for updates.
- Now you can export your PDF as usual. If the size of your PDF is still too large, you can proceed by reducing the Print Quality (Step 3.) to “Low”.
- Go to the menu File > Options > Advanced
- Under Image size and quality > Default destination output: 150 ppi
- Make sure that Discard editing data is selected.
Adjust size when saving
- If you want to save the PowerPoint presentation: Go to the menu File > Save as
- Under “File type”, select whether you want to save the file as PowerPoint or PDF.
- Under Tools” > “Compress Images, select the Web (150 ppi) output destination and confirm your selection.
- Click Save
University of Basel